Another thrifty craft adventure. I needed (ok I wanted) a frame to go around my family calendar. It just looked too lonely and naked against the plain wall. I began my search in my bin of spare frames – no luck. I went to the local craft store – the prices were too high. I got inventive – score!
- Sharp Blade
- Glue (I used a Hot Glue Gun)
Step By Step
- Trace the outline of your picture or calendar about 1/2 an inch wider to allow room for the yarn.
- Trace the width of the ruler to create a boarder.
- Using the egde of the ruler and a sharp blade, cut out the frame.
- Put a dab of hot glue on the cardboard and secure the beginning of your yarn.
- Start wrapping the yarn around the cardboard in whatever style you like! I also put a little dab of hot glue along the way to keep the yarn tight. **This took longer than I thought it would, just an FYI.**
- Secure the end of the yarn with hot glue.
- Hang on the wall. I used Command Strips.