It’s October here on the homestead and I’m still canning and freezing. I just finished up the apple recipes and my remaining green tomatoes have turned red and are ready for processing. I’ve made several different recipes this year in hopes of finding some favorites. The following list are ones we think are worth repeating next year. Enjoy!
- Roasted Garlic & Pepper Tomato Sauce
- Marinara Sauce (this recipe has a little kick to it)
- Cherry Tomato Salsa (sweet in flavor)
- Plain Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Tomato Sauce (cook in the over and leave the skins on!)
- Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup
- Salsa (this recipe includes cucumbers – a great way to use up all those cucumbers!)
- Hot Pepper Jelly (Hint: if you leave the seeds in, the jelly will be nice and hot for those that love a lot of heat. Take the the seeds out for a more mild jelly that still has a little kick).
- Freezing Onions & Peppers
- Apple Pie Filling (hint: when you are ready to make a pie, first mix your canned filling and some flour to thicken the sauce before adding to the pie crust).
- Jewish Apple Cake