I must admit that I am not the biggest fan of technology. I still like to have paper lists, paper calendars, paper schedules, I could go on. There is something about being able to look at everything sprawled out on a table in front of me, with a highlighter in hand, that just makes me giddy. The whole idea of using binders to organize is just so exciting to me. I don’t know why God made me that way, but I’m going with it.
This week I tackled the School Binder and Budget Binder. This post covers the Budget Binder. The School Binder is coming soon though!
My husband and I have tried various ways to keep track of our budget. We tried the cash in envelopes method, computer spreadsheets, mobile apps and plain white paper. Each system worked, in its own way, but at the end of each month I would stash the receipts and paperwork somewhere in the office. It was hard to go back and compare month to month and therefore not intentionally setting goals. I hope the madness stops this year.
Onto the HOW TO. I assembled our Budget Binder with forms for the ENTIRE YEAR. Here’s how it works.
- The front of the binder includes a copy of our monthly budget goals and monthly budget tracker.
- The front pocket has stamps and envelopes for bills that need to be paid via snail mail.
- The next divider contains the forms for the current month with a pocket for receipts.
- The last section contains forms for the rest of the year
Here are some free forms for you too…
- 2015 Budget Binder Cover (for slip in cover binders)
- 2015 Budget Binder Spine Label
- 2015 Blank Budget Form
- 2015 Month Budget Summary
- 2015 January Budget Form
My goal is to sit down each week and record our current spending in hopes that I can stay on top of our budget. Wish me luck and happy budgeting!
🙂 Mama Nice
Tagged: budget, budget binder, free printable forms, homesteading, organization
Leave a Reply