I thought you might enjoy these old Easter posts. I don’t know about you, but Easter is coming fast and I’m not at all prepared! I hope these ideas will get you motivated and give you some ideas. 🙂 Mama Nice
Tag Archives: easter basket
March is here and Easter is not too far away. I really enjoy thinking of just the right theme for my kids’ Easter Baskets. Since the kids get so much candy from the various egg hunts, I try to fill the baskets with other items. This year I went with a religious theme to reinforce the real menaing of Easter and the importance of Easter in our house. I tailored each basket to fit the personality of each child. BUT, here’s the catch – each basket still had to contain the same types of things or there would be a whiny fued as soon as the kids discovered the baskets. So this year the baskets will contain:
- A doll/action figure
- Activity Book
- Jelly Beans
- Snack Packs (Goldfish, Popcorn, Granola Bars, etc.)
Now for the details….
“J-Man” is 6 years old and in first grade. He’s a sensitive thinker type with a dash of crazy boy at times. He enjoys comic books and action figures – although his action figures are usually used for display on his shelf. His favorite color is “Camo” . J-Man’s basket:
- Joshua Action Figure – can be found a Christianbook.com for $6.99 or on Amazon for as low as $2.99.
- DVD about Joshua. I chose the Greatest Heroes version. Christianbook.com or Amazon for $4.99
- Book: “Welcome To Holsom”. This is the first time we’ve ordered this series, so we will see how we like it. It’s a graphic novel (score!) and deals with character development traits (awesome!) with plots involving underground labs and robots (how could J-Man not love it??). There is a kindle version for $.99 or paperbacks for $9.99.
- Bracelet: First off, it’s “CAMO!”. Second, it has a great reminder to “Fear Not” as in Psalm 118:6 “The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.” A great reminder for kids that struggle with fear and anxiety. $7.99 at Christianbook.com
- Jelly Bean Prayer Activity Book: an age appropriate activity book to learn the true meaning of Easter.
“Dude” is our youngest child. He’s a stocky, red headed, testosterone filled brute. His desire to compete is never ending, including winning every verbal battle possible and turning the simplest things into a competition (who can get to the car first? Who can finish dinner first? Who can fall asleep first? etc.) Now you know why I picked the items I did for our youngest.
- David Action Figure – can be found on christianbook.com or Amazon for about $7.
- DVD about David & Goliath. Same series as above, just a different story.
- Book: Goodnight Warrior – a bedtime devotional book. “Dude” doesn’t sit still very often, so reading books all day is hard to do. Once he’s in bed at night, it’s usually easier to have some reading time and I thought this book would get him excited to learn about God and prayer. What little warrior can resist a book with a sword yielding knight on the cover?
- Bracelet: “Be Strong” based on Phillipians 4:13 “ I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” A positive reminder for my little warrior. Oh, and it’s blue which is his favorite color 🙂
- Jelly Bean Prayer Activity Book – using colors of Jelly Beans to learn the true meaning of Easter.
Girly Girl’s Basket
Our 5 year old middle child who is girly to the max. The one who stated at 3 years old that sports “are not for me.” Her world is pink, pink, sparkles, and you guessed it – pink. Dresses are a must and she doesn’t care if princesses aren’t real – she wants to be one anyway. Her basket was a little trickier as it is hard to find stories and dolls based on women in the Bible. At least stories that would appeal to “Girly Girl”. But I think she’ll like it.
- Doll: A horse toy of some kind – not pictured (This ties into the book).
- DVD: God’s Little Princess. A 3 part DVD series about learning to be a princess for the greatest heavenly King of all! $14.99 on Amazon or chrisitanbook.com
- Book: Princess Charity’s Courageous Heart. One of the books in the princess series. This book is based on the Good Samaritan parable. (See the horse on the cover? Hence the toy horse.) christianbook.com $9.99
- Bracelet: Multi colored sparkley (and of course pink) bracelets that say “He Loves Me”. An important reminder for little girls to know that God loves them, always. christianbook.com $5.99
- Jelly Bean Prayer Activity Book – an age appropriate activity book to learn the true meaning of Easter.
There you have it. As much as I would love to post a picture of the finished baskets, they aren’t done yet! I wanted to make sure I shared my ideas in time for you to order your items before Easter. Enjoy!